Friday, February 15, 2008

bad news bears.


So after searching through my purses, my teaching bag, and tearing my room apart in search of my iPod, the thought occurred to me... either I'm really losing my mind, or sometime last week, prior to the "phone snagging" incidence, my iPod was also snatched at school... I could be wrong, and gosh, I really hope I am... but in the matter of a WEEK, my debit card, iPod, and cell phone have ALL come up missing! Now I certainly don't claim to be the most organized of persons, and would admittedly probably lose my head if it wasn't attached, but I can't help but see a little bit of a pattern here... 
Luckily my phone was found (refer to my previous blog post for the story), I cancelled my debit card so I'm good on that, BUT the loss of my iPod is kind of traumatic. And if it really was a week or so ago, it's far to late to go searching for it at school now...it's very discouraging... 

I'm really trying not be dramatic here, but my iPod is honestly probably the 2nd closest possession to my heart...  ALSO, did I mention I just spent 85 bucks getting it repaired?! YEP, I DID! Talk about a kick in the stomach. This is just plain ol' BAD NEWS BEARS! So, my classroom is now on lock down from here on out, and sadly, I've learned I have to keep a close eye on things, even with kindergarten through 4th graders. Sometimes you just have to live and learn... 

Note: If you don't know what "bad news bears" means click here for a credible definition. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this seems a little extreme...but maybe this is a chance to live a little without your iPod? Sometimes you'd be surprised what you can hear in the silence. I know my situation is different, but I quit listening to my iPod on the bus to school and began getting to know more people. Just a thought :)

However, if you do buy a new one, look into the refurbished ones on Apple's Online Store...we've bought items this was from Apple and they work just fine. And you can also get the last generation's this way for cheaper...and they work just as well (instead of getting the newest video, million GB, etc.).

But I am sorry to hear about the mishaps at your job. Props for stickin' in there though...I know many people would give up and quit after all that!

Bethany said...

yeah megan, i've been thinking that it might be a good thing to be without it for a while too...
and thanks for the tip for buying a new one, i'll definitely look into that when i decide to buy a new one:)